GMS is seeking a Senior Technical Architect / Engineer to work in our Building Envelope department in New York City. Projects include new and existing structures, curtainwall, window wall, fenestration, and roofing / waterproofing design. If you have colleagues that may be interested in this position, please feel free to share this post using the social media links below!
Candidate must have Building Envelope and Curtainwall design experience including detailing all types of exterior building envelope components with an emphasis on production drawings and Energy Code Compliance.
Project work includes all phases of design and construction:
- Sketching concepts;
- Production of reports, drawings and specifications;
- Coordinating with internal and external team members;
- Reviewing submittals and samples;
- Site visits, observations of production and field tests.
Field experience and interaction with field personnel is a plus.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of Architectural and/or Engineering experience with Building Envelope, Curtainwall and roofing/waterproofing design.
- Construction document experience.
- Must demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Understand the balance of priorities on differing projects.
- Knowledge of autocad is a plus.
- Experience with 3D computer modeling and analysis packages is a plus.
- Façade renovation and inspection, historic preservation, LL11 inspections and roofing/waterproofing experience is a plus.
- Architectural or Engineering Registration is a plus.
GMS offers a competitive wage along with a rich benefit package – health insurance fully paid for single participation, 401K Retirement Plan with company match, two weeks paid vacation and holiday, pre-tax transit program, flexible spending plan and a caring work environment with opportunities for growth and advancement .
GMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gilsanz Murray Steficek provide structural engineering and building envelope consulting for a wide range of new construction and restoration projects. GMS is headquartered in New York City, with offices in New Jersey and Los Angeles, California.